Saturday, March 8, 2014

Motivation to learn behavioural economics

Over the next few weeks, I have enrolled myself in the study of behavioural economics in a class in Coursera offered by Dan Ariely and his colleagues at Duke University. It is an open format, massive online course. I know nothing about behavioural economics when I write this, but this course has several readings and assignments and hopefully, learning through at least the seleciton of articles hosted at the site, I hope to learn the basic principles of behavioural economics.
My primary motivation of learnng about behavioural economics stems from my interest to blend in behavioural genetics and patterns of how and why people access health services that are made available to them. Economic reasons are dominant reasons, but equally how economics and their behaviours are related with each other is a matter of interest.
So, over the next few weeks, I am planning to put many of these thoughts as they occur to me during myreadings and my reflections on these pages and will hopefully review these. If you happen to read this blog and would like to post your own thouhts and reflections, please feel free to add your materials or correct me.



No comments: