Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reflections on developing a research methods course outline

I write this blog post as I write and reframe the course I offer at the University of Canterbury, I think I am going to do some more innovative stuff this time.

I have been using the Essentials of Research Design and Methodology, a text by DeMatteo and Marczyk for some time now. It's a very informative text written at the right pitch for students who are about entering the subject area of conducting a research work or a research project.

Traditionally, I have used lectures and class discussions as my teaching methods. This year, I plan to organize the class entirely around problem solving and focusing on problem-based learning or principles of inquiry guided learning.

1 comment:

Anne Marie Cunningham said...

Sounds great! Please share more!